59. Huse, Elizabeth, "Infant Mortality. Results of a Field Study in Gary, Indiana, Based on Births in One Year." Children's Bureau Publication No. 112. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1923. pp. 44-45. Cited by Eastman (62).
50. Woodbury, Robert M., "Causal Factors in Infant Mortality. A Statistical
Study Based on Investigations in Eight Cities." Children's Bureau Publication No. 142, Washington: Government Printing Office, 1925. pp. 60-67. Cited by Eastman (62).
51. Yerushalmy, J., "On the Interval Between Successive Births and Its Ef-
fect on Survival of Infant. I. An Indirect Method of Study," Hum Biol, 17, 1945. pp. 65-106.
$2. Eastman, Nicholson J., "The Effect of the Interval Between Births on Maternal and Fetal Outlook" Amer J Obstet Gynec, 47, 1944. pp. 445-466.
53. Gordon, J. E., J. B. Wyon, and W. Ascoli, "The Second Year Death Rate
in Less Developed Countries," Amer J Med Sci, 254. pp. 357-380.
54. Gordon, J. E., I. E. Chitkaru, and J. B. Wyon, "Weanling Diarrhea,"
Amer J Med Sci, 245, 1963. pp. 345-377.
55. Williams, Cicely D., "Kwashiorkor," Lancet, 2, 1935. p. 1151.
56. Williams, Cicely D., "The Story of Kwashiorkor," Courrier, 8, 1963. pp.
57. Douglas, J. W. B., "Some Factors Associated with Prematurity: The Re-
sults of a National Survey, J Obstet Gynaec Brit Emp, 57, 1950. pp. 143-170.
58. Survey of Consumer Expenditures. BLS Report No. 237-93. Washington:
U.S. Dept. of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, 1966.
59. Ibid., Supplement 2
70. Ibid., Supplement 3, Part A, May 1966.
71. "Food and Home Notes," October 5, 1960. Washington: U.S. Depart-
ment of Agriculture, Office of Information, 1960.
72. Family Food Plans and Food Costs. Home Economics Research Report
No. 20. Washington: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Consumer and Food Economics Research Division, 1962.
73. Spence, Sir James, et al., A Thousand Families in Newcastle upon Tvnc.
London: Oxford University Press, 1954.
74. Nisbet, John, "Family, Environment, and Intelligence," Education,
Economy, and Society, A. H. Halsey, J. Floud, and C. A. Anderson, eds. New York: Free Press, 1961.
75. Myrdal, Gunnar, Asian Drama: An Inquiry into the Poverty of Nations.
New York: Pantheon, 1968.
76. One-Third of a Nation: A Report on Young Men Found Unqualified for
Military Service. The President's Task Force on Manpower Conservation. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1964.
77. Pasamanick, B., and A. M. Lilienfeld, "The Association of Maternal and
Fetal Factors with the Development of Mental Deficiency: II. Relationship to Maternal Age, Birth Order, Previous Reproductive Loss andnk Mam Fund Quart, 40, July 1964. pp. 20-35.